Maryport Town Council will not be increasing its council tax in 2023/24. Council tax will therefore remain at £7.77 per month for the majority of properties. The Council’s budget is based around the priorities in its strategy, developed in co-ordination with the community, to support the following:
- An attractive Maryport
- An active Maryport
- The promotion of Maryport
- Pride in Maryport
- Participation in Maryport
In its 2023/24 budget, the Town Council has made provision for the following:
- £10,000 to provide for the celebration of King Charles 3rd’s coronation in the community.
- £5,000 to enable the Council to continue to put in place additional heritage displays, providing information on the rich history of the area to support the continued influx of visitors to the area, which in turn supports the growth of the local economy.
- £4,500 to fund further environmental improvements & flower displays in Flimby & Maryport.
- £10,000 to provide for the costs of Town Council elections in 2023/24.
- 8,000 for Easter & Summer Family Fun Days & Events, together with provision of £10,000 to contribute to the 2023 Taste of the Sea Festival.
- 15,000 for the Made in Maryport Cultural Programme, funded from the Promoting Maryport Reserve & Festival Events Reserve.